After scanning twitter and our FB EDCmooc group, I decided to form some kind of clear direction on what I want to learn in this upcoming course. After re reading the course description, this is what I am hoping for….
1. gain a deeper understanding of what it means to teach and learn in this digital age.
2. examine the relationship between people and technology and how that will improve my teaching
3. learn how digital cultures intersect with learning cultures online
4. examine how learning and literacy is represented in cyber culture
5. How does the influence of popular digital culture influence our understanding of e-learning.
6. Learn various visual methods of presenting knowledge and conveying understanding
7. Grapple with the concept of post humanism
In my roaming around cyberspace, I came upon the course work of previous E learning and digital culture students. Granted their course was 10 weeks long, but if what some of them produced is an example of what is expected in this course…. well I’m not sure I have what it takes. just Google E-learning and digital cultures 2011 and see what I mean.
Another tidbit gleaned from my wanderings is…..drum roll please… I now know what TED stands for..
Technology Entertainment Design, an organization devoted to Ideas worth spreading
or Think, Exchange, Debate
I’m always happy when I learn something new, even if everyone else knew about it long before I did. Other reasons I’m happy…
I am happy to have formed new connections,happy to be using new platforms and experience different social media, happy to find new ways to engage learners, however, all these happy feelings are overshadowed by this most important hope……
Here’s hoping that I “got what it takes”